Saturday, April 17, 2010

Open Experiencce

Reflect on the studio work you have done this semester. Which experiences did you find the most successful, in terms of Dewey's criteria of a "good" experience, and why? Which experiences did you find least successful, again according to Dewey's criteria, and why? What have you learned about art and learning? What would you still like to learn?

In terms of studio courses this semester, I didn't really have one... Instead I'll just talk about the peer teaching studio work that we had to do as a class. The one I would say I liked the best was Brenda's monster sculptures. I thought that that particular lesson plan can be have other learning episodes involved with it. I liked working with the concept of it, working with different materials, and how it had room for discussion while everyone was working.

In terms of least successful, I'm not too sure. There was nothing particularly closed about the other experiences with the other projects we had to do. At the same time however, there wasn't anything that particularly drew me to make me more excited about the projects either. Maybe this is the case because it didn't really appeal to me materials, or concept wise. Also because the other projects did not include my area of interest.

As an artist, I would like to learn with technology and sculpture to do installation work. I have respect for the artists who use public space and the interesting environments they create. In a way I find this creation like bringing the surreal to the real. This idea really fascinates me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home